Monday, January 5, 2009

Pampering

In my previous life, I was a princess. A diva if you will. I didn't get my first real job until after high school. I got a car on my not yet 16th birthday. I wore name brands and had only Clinique and Prescriptives on my face. My parents were my own personal ATMs. My hair was cut and foiled. My nails manicured and toes pedicured. My body tanned.

Then I got married and had kids.

I don't miss being a princess- I wouldn't have been friends with me back then! I do miss the pampering. I'm not afraid to admit that I love manicures, pedicures, good hair cuts and color, tanning, MAC make up! Every now and again when I do get these things, I soak it all in!

My husband has always given me a hard time about my pampering. The amount of money mainly. He doesn't understand $50 for a haircut or any other of the pampering costs. Don't get him started on MAC make up! He and I were raised completely different. He grew up with a FANTASTIC single mom that worked two jobs to take care of them. The man knows how to clip coupons and bargain shop like it's no body's business! Don't get me wrong, I love Wal-Mart and Target! I am not a thing or stuff snob but every once in awhile....

Now, that you have the back story...

Jim had a day all to himself recently. He doesn't get those very often. Even when he has no kids or wife- he's doing something, not all about him. The kids and I left and came back about 6 hours later to an incredibly happy man!

He told me that he went to the auto parts store and someone was handing out coupons for free haircuts. This new place that opened caters to men. It's all sports themed with flat screens for each station and large screens all over with what ever game, race, you can imagine. In addition to a haircut, you get a shampoo and condition with scalp massage while hot towels are laid on your face.

He now understands my pampering love!

Santa brought him a gift card for six haircuts and the fixin's. For purely selfish reasons, of course, he was amazing to be around after that one day!

Did I mention the added bonus for him?!?! Santa noticed when (s)he went in to get the gift card, all the women that worked there were cute, young, and perky. Heck, if that adds to his amazing mood and he understands a little more- it works for me!!!

1 comment:

Leah said...

LOL I don't think I could ever talk Dan into going in the first place. He makes me buzz his head every few weeks and that's about as good as it gets for him. He grudges me taking the boys in for their $7 haircuts!! ack!