Friday, May 23, 2008

Things about me

Here are 7 random things about your truly.

1. I have a "thing" about motorcycles. Only street bikes- not Harley's. I grew up at the race track. I LOVE the sound of them. My husband- hat on backward- sunglasses on- in a white t shirt and jeans- just sitting on a bike..... HOT! (I haven't gotten his shoes picked out yet in this fantasy!)

2. I took roller skating lessons when I was a little girl. So 80's! Every Saturday morning. Every time I hear the song "Eye of the Tiger" I'm reminded of those mornings.

3. I love photographs. Pictures of my kids or me! Or me! Or family and friends! Or me! My aunt is a photographer and there is a picture she took I want. I asked my uncle if he thought she would notice if it was gone. It's hanging in their living room. Also, my brother and super sister-in-law had some amazing photos taken at their wedding. There is one of my SIL that is just gorgeous. If I wouldn't look like a weirdo, I would have that picture up in my house. Makes me want to have wedding photos taken.

4. I have to live near water. I am the happiest when I do. I have the best memories of wandering along waterfronts. Driving the kids to preschool, I always had a drive along the water. Happiness!

5. The washing machine lid has to be up when I'm done with it. I've even gotten so crazy about it that I put up the lids on other washing machines in our apartment complex laundry facility. Think about it.... you go to throw in laundry and the lid is down- kind of going into the bathroom and trying to pee with the lid down. Sure it looks better but so much more convenient.

6. I have a "thing" with names. Shocker I know especially with a name like Cattigan. I am fascinated by their pronunciations and meanings. Sleater-Kinney, Chehalis, Corpus Christie. I have a friend who just had a baby (Baby Bird)- his name is so cool- first and last together. Future sports star. Another little boy that Natalie went to preschool with has a very cool name. He sounds like a newspaper reporter from the 40's. He has a very strong name. I always had names for my kids picked out. Declan, Aiden, Griffen for boys; Talie (Natalie), Tegan, Camille for girls.

7. I really try to blog fairly often.... god knows I have plenty to say. I really love having this medium to highlight me! I love comments! I love knowing people actually read what I have to say! Is that really a random thing that you DIDN'T already know?!?!? :)

6 comments:

Betsy Hart said...

I am amazed, you seem like you are describing me!! I also love the pictures, and the washing machine lid up... lol

Kaci said...

Ooo I love names too!! Especially spellings...I never ever had cool pencils or hair clippy things as a kid and I was so bummed but loved it too. Now with Elly, it's not like her name is odd spelling, but I find myself trying to find silly stuff with her name on it. And stupid nurses, etc always want to call her Eli (boy name) and it infuriates me! You should of saw the nurses face when Elly was going for her two week check up...I'll spare you the details. :)

Kaci said...

Ooo and I wanna name our next girl Anny...wouldn't that be cute...Elly and Anny? I love it!

Okay I'm done I promise. :)

Leah said...

I hate pictures of me, but I've never had a really knowledgeable person taking one, so who knows how I'd feel with a professional in charge. I think it's obvious I love pictures of my children!

I would be the one going along behind you closing all the washing machine lids, wondering about the whack-o who keeps leaving them all up. LOL!!!!!!!!! Here's us: "I want them up!" "well I want them down!" "UP!" "DOWN!"

that was fun to read Cattigan! (PS for someone who loves getting comments, I would expect you to fully understand the thrill of comments and be LEAVING THEM on a regular basis for other comment seekers... LOL)

anonymous said...

ok, so in that fantasy, he needs to be wearing boots. there is no other footwear that can live up to that image. Also, since you like pics... maybe T and I need to take Jimmy out on the bike and set up a photo shoot... as soon as I figure out how, I am getting you copies of any of the wedding photos you want. There are some beautiful ones of you.

Erika said...

Very fun! I knew some of your randomness but not all. Clearly reading comments about your opinion makes blogging that much more fun. I hope you are having a good holiday. We are doing nothing-imagine that! hehe
Erika