Monday, May 5, 2008

Ducks

Could you only imagine what we looked like on the bikes if this is what Jim's truck looked like transporting them? We had a few people walk/ride/skate past us and give a giggly smirky smile. Only when I was herding everyone across the street at one point did I realize why. I felt and I'm sure looked like a mama duck with all her little ducklings. Jim took to helping the stragglers along ... well, one little red headed mini-Jim straggler.

We biked quite a distance on the trail. The kids were troopers about it. Lots of fresh air and sunshine helps kids sleep the entire night through. It was beautiful sleeping all the way through. I woke up with a start at one point and had to check on everyone!

It was the first time I've been on a bike in almost #$^%^$# years! I'm a little sore in the seat area today.... comparable to having a baby. Too much information!??!

Here's to hanging out with my babies, getting Jim to do family stuff with us, and getting down a size or two.

2 comments:

Leah said...

ahhh, how fun! We got into biking when J was a year old and did it rather often for that summer. Then the next summer we were too busy with the roof and newborn Connor. Last summer, we had whiney little bike riders, and not enough child-toting gear (bike trailer, etc) for all three. WHO KNOWS what this summer will bring, but I'm a little worried about getting back on a bike at this point. LOL

Kaci said...

You go girl! I haven't been on a bike in years either. Well the one at the gym but that doesn't count. LOL! Have a great day!