Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Rx

Since my kids have seen me take medication on a regular basis, I am pretty open with them as to why. I have kid answers for them rather than the diagnosis. If and when they are ready to know more, I will have no problems talking to them about it.

For now, they know it as mommy's 1. no more baby pill (reason: 4 is a perfect number for me!); 2. no more crabby pill and 3. no more crazy pill.

The other day, I was just about DONE! Cameron was into more than usual. Grace was especially sensitive to life and was very teary. At one point I shoo-ed both of them into their rooms to sit on their beds.

A while later, they both came out and Cam asked why they were in time out because he didn't do anything wrong.

I told him that it was mommy who needed a time out because she was crabby.

His response.... "Take a pill, Mom"

I laughed so hard! And so did the person I was on the phone with who heard the entire thing~ thankfully she was someone who knows me VERY well and has known me FOREVER!

The kids and I danced in the living room until we were dizzy to get all the laughter out!

2 comments:

Leah said...

LOL I love it when they're able to lighten the mood for us!

Erika said...

If only it were so easy to fix the problems we have!! That is so funny.