Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Just a bit of mud

The school nurse and I are on a first name basis. I have a child that has taken almost three years to adjust to school. Some weeks are better than others. I used to pick her up early on a regular basis. NOW I only get calls when she's bleeding or vomiting. So when I saw the called ID said "Unknown name Unknown number", I just knew it was Michelle calling. I grabbed my keys and purse preparing.

" Hi. I know who it is." (cutting her off)

"I have Susan in my office" (not the kid I was expecting at all! and you can tell she doesn't have any run-ins with this one because she's calling her by the wrong name)

"What? Grace? Oh my! Is she okay?"

"While out at recess, she slipped and fell and is now covered in mud. Her coat got most of it. Can you bring her clothes to change in to?"

"She's covered in mud?"

Did I mention today was picture day?


The kindergartners were headed to the gym for pictures in 20 minutes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grace's first mugshot. Being a fairy is sometimes messy business.

Leah said...

at least it's not on her face and in her hair!!!

I was priveledged to speak to you on the phone yesterday about this one, and I'm still amazed at how quickly you found HUMOR in the situation. I need to borrow some of that from you, okay? LOL I love how she's hiding there.

Kaci said...

OH NO! :)

Kristina said...

Murphy's Law strikes again. I'm glad you were able to see the humor!