Sunday, June 8, 2008

Proud Moments

Highlights of Proud Moments as a Mother:

-Each of my children smiling and laughing
-Each of their first crawls, steps, and runs
-Completely potty trained
-Every time they use please or thank you without being coached
-Unrequested hugs and kisses
-Each time they ask whys and how comes, coming up with their own solutions (I am amazed at how their minds work!)


Highlights of Proud Moments their Father has had:

-Teaching his son to pee in the woods while camping
-Having his son be THRILLED to hit the leaves on the bushes as he's peeing in the woods
-Taking the kids out on the boat
-Having 3 out of 4 kids wanting to be involved in the cleaning of the fish or razor clams
-Anytime any of his children 'toots' louder than him especially when it's one of the littlest ones

And last but not least, when his wife takes his son with her to Old Navy so she can TRY to buy a pair of Capri's and the mannequins were sitting at a three year old level, his son went from tank top clad mannequin to tank top clad mannequin, cupping their chests replying "big, fat boobies!". After a quick explanation as to using the word 'fat'*, thank goodness he wasn't really understood by anyone else who heard him "big boobies, big boobies, big boobies, big boobies!"


* I am really uptight when it comes to my children using certain words. No matter how cute he was when he discovered the boobies!

2 comments:

Kaci said...

Oh me oh my!! I would of turned a deep shade of red if El would of done that...she's already said fat bottom really loud in the dressing room to me and I heard people laughing. pout...it's not that big!

Leah said...

OH NO! That's funny!