Tuesday, June 10, 2008

All Sanity

I have been VERY confident that I don't want any more of my own children. I like my sleep and my books. I am more than happy to give any mama a break (HINT E!) and hold babies and cuddle and feed them just as long as I can give them back. I don't mind at all to do anything else baby related just as long as they go back to their mama. Did I already say that?!?!

It's been bittersweet for me that I have not been pregnant in numerous years. Cameron is almost 3 1/2. In the past 8 years..... I've been pregnant every two, changed diapers and/ or pull ups for most of them. I look at Cam and he seems so little. My baby. I can't imagine having a newborn. To think, for two previous kids I've had a year old baby running around along with the three year old. How did I do it?!?!? I am amazing if I do say so myself!

I puppy sat for my mom for a night when she had to go back to work and didn't want to leave Violet alone- this was about a week or two after she got her. To make a long story short... I woke up on the floor next to Violet's puppy bed. It was a very long night! That's when I said I didn't want any more babies.... two or four legged kind.
THEN......

My neighbor's dog had puppies. It was amazing to watch the whole process of two babies and an hour later there was another then another. Watching the puppies open their eyes, run around, 'play' with one another. The kids and I have been rallying for keeping one. Not knowing that my husband had already been researching the breed. Natalie is terrified of dogs but she's held two out of four of the puppies and has petted them and rubbed noses and given kisses. She said as long as the puppy doesn't get any bigger then she'll be fine. We figure she probably won't notice after awhile. I go back and forth about keeping him. Sure, he's great to cuddle and love and give kisses BUT cleaning up poop and if he was to ever get sick...... up in the middle of the night...... do I really really want to do it?! Look at that face though!!!!

The girls and I have been calling him Gus.... you can't tell but he's the biggest out of the litter. He's a chubby little guy. He reminded us of the mouse from Cinderella.
Jim has been going back and forth between Gus and Frank. Cameron is all about Frank. Frank??!?! you ask? Yes, Frank. Shortly after Jim and I met he ALMOST had me convinced that he had changed his name and that he born Frank Worthington. I then remembered the story his mom had told me about how he got his name. James.... he was named after his grandfather. His name was almost Douglas James or James Douglas (Doug is his sperm donor). Then his mom got mad at the sperm donor and his name then was James Cameron. She said she always loved the name Cameron. So the joke has been Frank. Puppy still looks like a Gus even though Frank has sentimental value.

Gus? Frank? To keep or not to keep? Have I lost all sanity completely?

4 comments:

Erika said...

I like Gus!! But your sanity is really gone if you are thinking of getting a puppy. Maybe I can say that because I have a new baby, hehe. Although that puppy is very cute and if Nat is into it I can totally understand the pull!!

anonymous said...

KEEP THE PUPPY!!!!!! If Nat is really ok with this one, I can't think of any better way to help her with her fear. plus, dogs are AWESOME. and, it'll grow up too.

Kaci said...

OOOOOOOOOOOoo I'll take Gus Frank or Frank Gus if you don't want him!! Looooook at that face!! Ooooo that face!!

Leah said...

my vote is GUS!! And why not keep him. LOL It would be a grand adventure and every kid needs a dog. lol