Saturday, June 7, 2008

You Clean Up Nice

Faithfully, Monday through Friday I am usually without make up or hair done. My shower lasts just as long as a three year old can eat an Otter Pop. My legs can go up to a week without so much as seeing a razor...... that or my husband comments about the fuzzy leg warmers I'm wearing, then the three year old gets two Otter Pops during the next shower. My hair, once 2 in 1 shampooed and conditioned, is really lucky some days and subjected to bang blow dry and flat iron..... those are days that I've already run into my blond pig tailed neighbor (who is probably one of the very few over 25 / mom of 3 set that could look great in pig tails... Bitch!). I manage to throw deodorant on my always clean shaven underarms. Then sometime after lunch but, before the bus comes to drop Natalie off at home, I brush, floss, and mouth wash my teeth. My uniform is wonderful cotton pants that I own in a ton of different colors and an Old Navy solid color tee in an offsetting color, white socks, and sneakers. So as you can see I'm pretty high maintenance.
When I do put a little bit more effort into it.... it does wonders for the self esteem! I am one hot mama!
*After asking for feedback from my children... Gracie's response was asking if I had brushed my hair and that it was very fluffy..... Natalie asked if I was going to a costume party. I was going to play Bunco. I don't get out very often but when I do, I am a party animal (only in my brain) :)

2 comments:

Kaci said...

Oooo you look so purty..and BUNCO!! HOT DOG!! I wanna come play! I've got mad skills when it comes to Bunco...LOL! Only the dice don't always agree

Leah said...

oooh look at you! I don't own clothes or make-up, and wouldn't have a clue what to attempt to do with my hair in order to "clean up" so I'll just have to always be the frumpy mom, bunko or not! ha!

fluffy hair, costume party... those made me laugh!!