Saturday, June 28, 2008

Breakfast

Natalie was still struggling with words when her sister was born (She was 2). Grace was belting out her ABC's backward, forward, and sideways at 19 months. Between that and low enrollment, I talked her way into a co-op preschool. Now, Cam.... well, he's the youngest of 4 and a boy. The doctor told me not to worry.... he had three sisters, a mom, and a dad to talk for him. He had his own language. A few word I miss hearing now that he's three and a half and talking up a storm... full of words that other people understand. Still when he gets talking to fast, he's sometimes difficult to understand even for his father and I. Thank you to his sister for their interpretive skills. With that said....
This morning Cam and I were having our breakfast together. Everyone else was sleeping. (These are some of my favorite moments. First thing in the morning time together.... cuddling and chatting in my bed with all the kids or early morning breakfasts). I had said to Cam that I needed him to finish the bite he had in his mouth before putting in another one. I didn't want him to choke. He said "Like last night?". He had stuffed too much burger in his mouth in an effort for more Baked Lays. It's amazing to me to have these whole conversations with him. He's my little boy. Next thing out of his mouth was "Mom, remember when I was a baby....."
Like it was yesterday, my baby boy.

2 comments:

Kaci said...

Thanks for making me cry MEAN!!! :)

Leah said...

awwww.

It really was like yesterday. He really WAS just a baby, in a stroller, while you were frantically popping popcorn for an ever-growing line for popcorn/movie night. LOL (tee hee, remember the next popcorn/movie night, I showed up with my own popcorn!!!!)

tell him to slow down will ya???