Saturday, June 21, 2008

NAKED!

As much as I bitch and complain and love and rave about my kids, I need a break from them. It's normal. I go out for a bit and I come home to all of them. It helps make me a better mommy.

However, them getting a break from ME ....... right now, I'm down a few of my own babies and it's WEIRD! I didn't pick up Emma this weekend so there is one. Natalie is at a Girl Scout thing with her dad so there is two. Gracie is with my mom for the weekend visiting family in Yakima so there is three. Right now it's just me and Cameron hanging out watching Handy Manny. He and I are going to a Housewarming Party this afternoon while Natalie is at a birthday party (she's very popular this weekend). I'll just have one car seat in my car today.... WEIRD!

I don't remember what it's like to have only one or two kids. I'm used to feeling like a mother duck with her ducklings or feeling like I'm herding cats.

Putting the two kids to bed last night was weird. It was so fast and I didn't have to hurry anyone along or yell at anyone for the hundredth time to get back into bed and this wasn't the time to give their sister another hug and kiss or trade pillows.

After Jim and Natalie left this morning, I got to lay in bed more. Cam slept in until 9 AM! I didn't quite know what to do. So I just laid there and tried to will myself back to sleep. I kept throwing around the idea of calling Gracie or checking on Cam to make sure he was still breathing.

I can't help but wonder what next school year is going to look like.... Natalie in 2nd grade and Grace in Kindergarten. Or what about when they start going off to college...... I can understand empty nest syndrome now! LOL

I even tried to pick up an extra kid for today. My girlfriend is doing the Relay for Life and is taking her kids. I offered.... she looked at me like I was crazy :)

I feel naked without my babies all scurrying around in one form or another. Maybe if I do plenty of hair and makeup today I won't feel so naked...... NAH! I'm still naked!

5 comments:

Erika said...

Enjoy your time without all of them scurrying around you. It is kind of remarkable what you can get done. Although I went to the store with just one the other day and kept talking to myself as I asked Sarah or Zephrah to grab something for me or give Jacob his binky. I am sure I looked like a crazy person.

Betsy Hart said...

Like she said. Enjoy it... and on the other hand I totally know how you feel, turning around to count heads, the momentary panic when you realize you are missing a few, then the slap in the head, when you remember where they are!

Leah said...

It is weird being without one or more of your kids. It took me MONTHS to get "used to" Emily being in Kindergarten all day long. And once J started preschool and it was just CJ and I twice a week, it was WEIRD!

LOL Erika, about the shopping trip!

And I hear you Betsy, on the momentary panic. LOL!!!

Cattigan, I hope you get some "clothes" on soon and aren't running around so naked anymore. Or, enjoy the freedom of being "naked" and consider it your break as well as theirs

Kellan said...

I know what you mean. I have 4 and I have been away at the lake for the past 6 days with just the two little ones - seemed so weird not having my older ones around.

Thanks for coming by my site - so nice to see you. Hope to see you again soon - Kellan

Kaci said...

OMG I know...I am in Cali right now with out El and it is sooooooo weird. I do not like it...and then I do...then I don't...then I do...okay this could go on for hours. XOXO