Wednesday, April 16, 2008

So sad

I didn't realize how attached to the computer I truely was..... until Monday! We have two computers in our house. It's what my husband does for a living so I actually have computer parts coming out of my ears sometimes. Anyway, I turned on the 'BIG' one and up came an error message saying I needed a start up disc. My solution to fixing a computer is to turn it off then turn it back on and hope for the best. Yup, that didn't work. So I went to the laptop and everything was okay until I tried to get on the internet and I got nothing- nada- ziltch- zip. I tried again yesterday and now something is wrong with the power cord. You have got to be kidding! Are the gods trying to tell me something? I don't spend that much time on the computer! I am also mid- plant sale for the school and where is all my data but on my #$&%$^% computer! I have been using my neighbor for her computer and internet access and bribing her with wine. There is only so long I can continue to share my wine with her. I also realize how attached you are. You don't use the phone to call me. It's all about email or comments on various pages I have.
I tried to write a letter to my grandparents today and my hand cramped up because I can't remember the last time I wrote something....... HAND wrote something that long! I have also made a list of the things I want to blog about........................ okay, yea, I need my computer back!

4 comments:

anonymous said...

Yup, I hear you... it is terrible. I am totally dependent on the computer and internet. I can't remember the last time I checked my voicemail... I definitely need the computer to keep in touch, and I HATE being without it. yet, I also kind of hate being dependent on anything... it is a love/hate relationship, you know?
good luck with the plant sale! Hang in there... and why hasn't your hubby fixed the computers? isn't that why we marry guys who can do that?

Leah said...

amen!

(was that "you" directed at me???) LOL!

Erika said...

It was directed at both of us I think. Will call soon!! Love the post by the way.

Kaci said...

Oh how sad...I am totally addicted to the internet...what was life like before? :) Got your blog address for Leah by the way. Have a great day!