Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My bracelet

Here is my "new" bracelet and my chunky little wrist!

My kids nicknames and why.....

Emma is Em. Nothing other than Em has stuck.

Natalie is Buggie Boo. Her dad gave her the nickname of Bug when she was brand new. He figured "Nats" (gnats) were bugs. It stuck and has different variations. Mine is Buggie Boo. Now that she is 7, Natalie gets very embarrassed by it. Too bad, kid!

Grace is Kiki. Kiki you ask! Up until her brother could talk, she was always Lou. My mom gave her Lou after the movie Miss Congeniality. Everyone in the family called her Lou then...... her brother started to try and say Gracie and it came out Kiki. There went Lou.

Cam is Bubba. He was always MY Bubba. I was the only one who called him Bubba. My baby boy. Then, again he started to talk and when you asked him his name, he said Bubba. Now at 3, he says his name is Bubba James D#@%# Cameron. He's actually James Cameron D#^%# Jr. Most of my friends' kids call him Bubba. I am raising a kid named Bubba!?!?!?

2 comments:

Leah said...

I love it!

Funny story, Emily's routinely Lou or Bug, or Em (we've tackled three of your four nicknames with one child), and the boys are frequently bubba. Used to be just Jared was my Bubba, and now it's mostly just Connor (something about chunky monkey boys brings "bubba" to mind for me).

Em got "lou" when she was little and I was watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas with her and there was Cindy Lou Hoo, whom Emily LOVED and so I'd call her Emmy Lou Hoo, which turned into Emmy Lou, which turned into LouLou or Lou. Bug was from when she was tiny and she was Bugga Boo or Bug, or Bitty Bug, etc. LOL

I think that bracelet is extra special that it's their nicknames on there; just personalizes it that much more. Thanks for sharing it!

and your wrist is not chunky!

Kaci said...

I love it!! I want one...although I have one child and 40 nicknames for her. HAHA!! :)