Monday, April 21, 2008

The love for my computer

It's fixed and I'm back, my adoring public!

I wish it worked the same for me.... since I'm a mommy all day long, the last thing I want to do is be a mommy in the evening when I am trying to relax from a hard day! That was Jim's reason for not getting the computer done sooner :) My dad built houses for a living when I was a kid. It took my mom years to try and get him to build a deck on the house!

I came across this thing on someone else's blog talking about loving my computer because all my friends live in it. Isn't that the truth!?!? I have such a hard time talking to people in REAL time! I don't like having six conversations all at once. I don't know who is worse- Jim or the kids! :) I've been lost without the computer. From human connections to getting my fill of the news- world, state, city, friends' lives- I've missed you! In the meantime, I've wrote (on paper with a pen!) topics to blog about. I was bored, what can I say! I even wrote a letter to my grandparents but then my hand cramped up. I am so out of practice with a pen! Now if only I can find time in a day to sit down and type - other than 1:05 am (I couldn't fall sleep)! I recently discovered the draft save thing on this blog site so I can start to write an entry and come back to it..... I've been writing this one for days now! :)

Everything I do on the computer:
*Check my email NUMEROUS times in a day.... now is the only time I will ever confess that!
*Read other blogs..... I know one person who religously blogs everyday.
*Read the top news and entertainment news on AOL.com then end up on people.com to read more entertainment news. I am addicted to People Magazine!
*Read my hometown newspaper online to see if anyone I went to high school with has gotten arrested, married, divorced, had a baby, or has passed away. Jim says that ranks up there with People Magazine. I love gossip apparently. Jim thinks I need to see someone about it!
*Check my MYSPACE and FACEBOOK accounts to see who has left me a message or comment. For me, it's like checking my answering machine after being gone all day. Feelin' the love!
*ABC.com All the shows I would love to watch but can't stay up that late to watch them. Virtually commercial free and when I want to watch them!

3 comments:

Erika said...

It is comforting to know I am not the only one checking people.com on a regular basis. I would not admit that you everyone. But clearly you understand!!

Kaci said...

HEHE!! So true!! I love my friends but only on the computer! HAHAH!! :) Kidding kidding!

Leah said...

too bad for Kaci, I become more than just a computer friend as of July 23rd!! ha ha Then she has to entertain me in real life for a few days. muh ha ha ha ha

Glad you're bad babe! I missed you! And of course you decide to dive back into blogging during the craziest week of MY life thus far where I BARELY blogged by the skin of my teeth and pretty much did not read anyone else's!