Monday, September 15, 2008

Man's Best Friend

I had a whole plan last night in my head about what I was going to write about today. I am aspiring to have my number next to the month of blogs match the date.

Now I've been sidetracked by a dog that won't relax. He is completely stressed about my husband leaving for work and not taking him. Gus has been scratching at the door and whining. Making assumptions, I put his least on, trudge outside in the dark and cold with major bed head. He instead high tails (hee hee hee) it over to the garage looking for Jim.

Jim's office is pretty relaxed. He wears jeans or shorts to work- he has contemplated wearing 'lounging' pants but not sure if that was pushing it. He has brought the girls and Gus into the office. The girls LOVE going and so apparently does Gus. Jim says Gus hangs out on his desk, sleeps in his bed, and plays with the couple other dogs that are there on a regular basis.

On the flip side, Jim's department gets yelled at most of the day by mad, stressed out, and upset customers wanting them to fix their computer problems. Natalie went to work with him right before school started and all she talked about was how busy he was. Her eyes get wide when ever she tells the story. She's never seen him in action like that before. I think it was a great learning experience. Daddy just doesn't sit in his office all day playing video games. This is how Daddy takes care of us.

I'm not sure how this went from me venting about being up during dark and having a pesky puppy to appreciating my husband for being up this early on a regular basis and how hard he works. Thanks, Gus and more importantly, Thank you, honey!

3 comments:

Kaci said...

Awhhh Gus loves him!! Sarah whines and whimper like that with me. Sigh...although I secretly love that she likes me more then Jon.

Leah said...

that's sweet the dog is that attached to him!

and way to go hubby, working hard to support your family!

Erika said...

I love the past few entries! If only I could get lost in a book right now rather than clean my house!! I bet Jim really likes it that Gus likes him most. Hope things are going well now that school has started.