Thursday, July 24, 2008

Harbor Love

I'm again in my favorite town. We spent time out at the pool today. My mommy made Sloppy Joes for the kids and a wonderful chop chop salad for us for dinner. She's off at work. All my laundry is done. The house is picked up. The kitchen clean. Puppies are asleep (hers and mine). I have a new Madeleine Wickham (aka Sophie Kinsella) book. I have a glass of very chilled wine (I forgot it in the freezer while hanging out with the kids). A "vase" of yellow tulips is next to me on the end table. "Vase" is a very expensive gorgeous Hall teapot (they have huge sentimental value for me). My favorite candle burning- Gold Canyon Vanilla Ylang. It's scary how a lot of my favorite things are already at my mom's. My mom's house is very warm and cozy and sophisticated and eclectic and homey. She has tons of pictures and a fireplace and big, over sized furniture that is well loved plus tons of books and magazines everywhere. So I have a spot in the middle of all this to read my book and drink my wine. The kids are in bed.




NOW, if only they'd STAY in bed and fall ASLEEP!






3 comments:

Kristina said...

Is your Harbor Love for the same Harbor I love? When I lived there, though, we had a Safeway across from the library and only one stoplight in the whole dang town. Over the years I lived there, it got much bigger. But since I left, it has gotten almost unrecognizable! It's still beautiful, just very different! Did they just recently add a ginormous shopping center just off the highway to your Harbor? If so, I bet we're speaking about the same one. It's a beautiful place and I miss it. I'm jealous that you're there!

Kaci said...

Awhhh man I wanna go! :)

Leah said...

Why is it that kids seem to sense when we've really made a comfy place for ourselves and are desperately needing to enjoy said comfy place, and then those are the times we REALLY don't get to??? I hope kids did end up SLEEPING for you!