Sunday, August 24, 2008

Unexpected wonderful-ness

You've heard me talk about my favorite city in the world. I would do anything to live there again. Unfortunately, my husband doesn't want to make the commute (The nerve!?!?!) so we live, as far south as he would go, in a great community similar to my favorite city. The only thing it lacks is my group of friends (and a larger body of water other than a lake). I have a few here in my new city of similar caliber but I still hang on for dear life to the favorite city ones!

When we first moved to the new city, I was feeling very sorry for myself regarding my favorite city friends. I had a group of them actually say good bye like I was moving to the moon. There is only a 45 minute drive separating the two cities. I was visiting my mom one day, still feeling very sorry for myself, mourning the friendships I thought I had lost, and feeling very unloved (What a drama queen!) and had walked out to my car for something. I heard my name being YELLED! I looked up to find a mom I was aquaintances with waving frantically. She made my day. I thought to myself "I really am loved!".

I had another similar thing happen yesterday- the reason for my blog topic today.

BACKGROUND- A very dear friend of mine became ill recently and found it was easier to be taken care of the way she needed by going to her mom's. She also required surgery. Did I mention that she has three kids all under the age of 7, a husband that works full time, and her mom's is almost 1500 miles away?!?!? I would have camped out at my mom's too! I felt as though she'd been gone the entire summer. We don't see or talk to each other on a daily basis but when we do, it's as though no time has passed at all. Her family and the time they spend together is VERY important to her so I try not to call her on the weekends or any time after 8 or 8:30 pm.

Last night I was driving home from my favorite city. We attended a Luau 7th Birthday Party. My cell phone rang. To my surprise it was my very dear friend! Did she know it was the weekend and almost 9:15 pm?!?!?!!? She called to see what my schedule looked like for this week so we could get together! They had literally just gotten home from being 1500 miles away (her husband flew down and they drove home). I was so excited I could barely contain myself. It was a phone call of unexpected wonderful-ness. That reminds me, I told her I would call her today to let her know. I only have an hour before my cut off ...... where's the phone!?!?!?!??!

4 comments:

Kaci said...

How exciting!! Have fun with your friend! :)

Leah said...

awww yay, they're safely back in town!!

You are definately not forgotten C!! My stupid summer just was full of dumb errands and illnesses and errands and PHYSICAL THERAPY that never ends (can you tell I'm enjoying having to go twice a week?) and blah blah blah, and I honestly don't know where the time went and now you're gone again. I haven't SEEN much of you, but I've thought about you VERY OFTEN, and I loved our playdate/visit at the park. THat was such a great day for me (and my kids!)

Erika said...

So I missed your call and tried to call back. Let me know if you are going to make it or not! Can't wait to see you!

Serendipity said...

Have fun connecting with your friend!

I would love to chat Fancy Nancy with you...any time!