Thursday, August 21, 2008

The facts

I was a Woman's Studies major in college.

I was raised by a liberal women's lib-er.

I am the mother of three daughters.

These are the facts.

I don't feel comfortable stating my beliefs (political or religious) in my blog. You can come to your own conclusions.

With that said, you can only imagine my overwhelming joy when, yesterday, during an argument with my wood nymph over what she was going to wear, she yelled at me "It's MY body, I can wear whatever I want!". I told her she was right and walked away.

Another proud parenting moment in my life.

I was only fighting her because her clothes didn't match in my eyes. As much as try to embrace her Gracie-ness, I regress every once in awhile.

4 comments:

anonymous said...

you are an awesome mom. I want to see pics of the outfits she puts together.

Kristina said...

Go Grace! You gotta admire a young lady who knows what she wants and will fight for it!

Kaci said...

HHAHHAHA! That's awesome!! WTG Grace! Although I'm so with you with my sassy butt 4 year old who loves to wear her bathing suit, tutu, leggings, whatever all the time!! So every now and then I give up and let her go with me to the store just how she is.

Leah said...

There are a few outfits I refuse to give in on (like the size 3T skirt Emily wanted to wear out and about, which still fit fine around the waist, but pretty much barely covered her tush), but I definately catch myself in many pointless arguments and give in, same as you... That's pretty funny how she said that to you though. I'm not sure I'd have been able to bypass the sassiness of it to embrace the awesomeness of her girl power... (see, now whose the awesome mom, because you totally did)

great story, thanks for sharing