Sunday, August 17, 2008

Reality vs. Fantasy

I figured I'd better post something so I don't loose my readers or get knocked off Leah's list of blogs she reads.

The kids and I have been on vacation for a few weeks. Sounds exciting, yes?

My idea of a vacation would be kid and husband free, on a beach with gorgeous blue/green waves hitting the shore, me (40 ponds lighter of course) on a lounge chair with a big floppy hat and sunglasses- think Rene Russo in Thomas Crown Affair (Pierce Brosnan optional), being served fruity drinks with umbrellas in them, and a collection of my favorite books.

Reality is 'camping' in my in-law's front yard. My mom-in-law rocks! She set up the front yard amazing-ly (is that a word?!). Pool, sandbox (newly build by my father-in-law), 'food'/arts and crafts tent. We picked blueberries and blackberries (enough for TWO pies), picked veggies from the garden. We also rode quads and I had my first 'accident'. No major injuries.... just thorns and stinging nettle in hands and legs. Plus I have a seven year old who told me that she will never trust me again and won't get on a quad as long as I'm driving (She is so dramatic!). I had no cell phone service because we were out in the middle of no where! No where so much that someone has a 'pet' camel nearby! We also went school shopping for the girls and they got their hair cut (Natalie's is exactly the way she has wanted since preschool- did I mention she is starting 2nd grade!?). Plus my cousin's daughter came up to stay with us and she is AMAZING! She's going to need a vacation when she heads home in a few days! My kids have been attached to her since I picked her up.... especially Gracie!

Okay, so reality ain't so bad!

3 comments:

Leah said...

knocked off my list! LOL I wish I could say I would never do something like that, but Kristina would inform that I would/could/ and have... (however, she hadn't blogged in about two months or something like that, so it's not like I reacted quickly)

I'm glad you guys have been having a great time. I saw Natalie's hair at the park the other day when Leann had them and it's DARLING!

Kaci said...

Damn Leah is MEAN!!! :)

And I want to be 40 pounds lighter with you!! And a pet camel how friggin cool is that yo?

Kristina said...

She sure would knock you right off her list...and then, you have to do some serious blogging to get back on! And it wasn't two months...May 16 to July 2 is only a month and a half...maybe she was a little quick to pull the trigger? Maybe not...I'm just sayin'.

I don't know if I would like a pet camel...don't they spit??

Camping in the front yard would be cool. Then you don't have to use a vault toilet...you'd have real running water!