Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Not So Domestic Diva!

The name of my blog seems so funny now. Domestic Diva, hardly! My “single” life revolves around kids and school. Something else new this year is that I send everyone off on the big yellow bus at 8:36 am and don’t see them again until 3:49 pm. I spend my days doing school work and lots of it, curling up with a trashy novel, or napping- just because I can!

The days of sparkling, shiny, Clorox-ed appliances are over. The toilet bowl has become a science experiment and the kitchen floor needs to be swept badly, not to mention washed, that questionable sticky spot that everyone has been walking around is really starting to bother me. I clean in spurts now rather than “Tra-la-la everyday is cleaning day because that’s my job as a stay at home wife and mother and the house will sparkle when my man gets home- la-la”. Can you hear and see me singing as a twirl around the living room in full make-up, hair, and dress a la 1950’s?

The only things twirling around in my mind now are Cameron’s family project is due next week and I still have to track down a shoe box for it…. Ooooh, new shoes! Or the breakfast dishes are in the dishwasher, the floor was vacuumed day before yesterday, all the kids’ toys and accoutrements are in their room, and the toilet can be done tomorrow because I have five chapters in my Cultural Anthropology text book to read before Thursday. Life doesn’t get much better!

Have I mentioned we are moving into a house so I need to pack AND I’m trying the whole dating thing?!?!? So, basically I sit around doin’ nothing.... wait, where was I going with this? I know I had a point somewhere...... Damn!

No comments: