Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Dating at 34 1/2

I've jumped back into dating after an 11 year and four kid hiatus.

Don't that just make it sound all fun and excitin'!?

I thought about turning this blog into a chronicled version of my dating life. You could laugh with me, cry with me, cringe with me. Lots of laughing though because you just have to, sometimes, at situations. I, also, say REALLY?!?!? a lot during this whole 'process'. Boy, did that ever sound all reality show-ish!

I can see it now~ you guys (my sister-in-law and my girlfriend in Kansas because those are really the only two reading this thing these days) cheering me and my two dates in one day day or cringing at the thought of kissing the guy who physically reminds me of my dad. Both good looking but just too uncomfortable for me to think of! Eventually, by word of mouth, I'd get another three readers. Then that would escalate into my blog becoming a national phenomenon. In the world of Cattigan, things like going from five readers to a phenomenon really do happen just like that. I'd be something similar to what Bridget Jones was for the single woman. The Today Show, Oprah, People Magazine! Once again, World o' Cattigan.

Let's get back to reality here, so I write about my dating life and then for some reason one of the guys I wrote about finds it and reads it. It so would not turn out pretty and Matthew McConaughey like How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days ended. You know the scene at the end when he chases her on his motorcycle onto the bridge and asks her where she's going? (Insert sigh here)

Reality: It would be Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber chasing and stalking me. And that would just suck!

3 comments:

anonymous said...

you are ridiculous and hilarious

Leah said...

LOL!

Can I have an amazing co-starring role somewhere in that wild imagination?

reviewzonebasics said...

Thanks for sharing this amazing post. i have also a same blog but i have get lots of ideas and knowledge form your post. keep it up.Again thanks for sharing. Visit My blog post:-reviewzonebasics