Saturday, March 29, 2008

Potato

I was a couch potato today with my munchkins. It doesn't happen very often but when it does, it feels GREAT! I even took an hour nap.... ooohhhh ahhhhhh!

I have been in overdrive for the past month. I hold quite a few positions with the school and PTSA- did you expect anything less?!?! :) Anyway, everything seemed to happen in the month of March. Whoever did the fundraising planning needs to be fired! (yea, me- I wish!) Plus I got sick and have 4 kids. Oi vey! I had a co-chair but she's gone back to work and is so terribly frustrated with our Board. I get check in phone calls which is nice of her. I am so glad it's all coming to an end. I need a drink and a vacation.... maybe both- together!

Why the heck am I doing it again next year, you ask- I can't change anything if I leave the Board. Plus I have more of an invested interest next year. I will have two babies at the school. (Hold for a momentary tear or two and some wailing about my baby going to kindergarten) I like the fact that people know me there. I like feeling important and like an adult! I actually have to call adult people and I have a title. "This is Cattigan D@#%, from L#^* W^$)#%# Elementary School PTSA, Fundraising" WOOOHOO!

As I'm sliding in to a finish with fundraising for this school year, I will be planning next year's very soon. Just don't tell Jim ;)

3 comments:

Betsy Hart said...

I'm sure my time isn't far away. My oldest is two and I am sure I will involved in all that good stuff, anyway. Good luck next year! And potato days are fun, as are titles, makes you feel all grown up.

Leah said...

You definately like to jump right in without testing the waters! Me? I'm sort of a stick a big toe in first and see what I think... LOL But I'm getting better! As you know, I kind of got tossed into the class rep deal LAST MINUTE for this school year, and I've been loving it! I need people like you around to bully me into being brave!

Congrats on all the hard work and good luck for next year!

Don Mills Diva said...

Here via Leah's blog. Keep up the fundraising - it's good to feel like an adult isn't it?