Friday, March 28, 2008

Fairies

I am certain that Grace was a fairy or wood nymph in a previous life. Everything from the way she looks to walks to her personality. One of my favorite moments of her fairy/wood nymph- ness was during my brother's wedding. Grace and Natalie were the flower girls. They both had halos of flowers on their head, yellow dresses, and 'fancy' shoes. Gorgeous! Natalie was the pillar of perfect flower girl. Stood where she was suppose to, walked when she was suppose to, acted like..... well, Natalie- the first born. In the midst of the ceremony, Gracie made a beeline for the tree/hill/grass area and just ran around and played in the brush. My dad said later that he laughed thinking that she was in her element- she was just being Gracie.
I encourage her to embrace her Gracie-ness. I think it is so important for her to be her. I wouldn't want her any other way.

She has had moments where she gets very sad about the friends she has lost since we moved. I know that Kindergarten in September will help that. She writes letter to her 'old' friends. I have them stashed away- I can't bring myself to send them out- my baby's first attempts at writing a letter to someone. She was in the middle of writing one of her letters thins morning when she asked me how to spell "gun". I asked her why she was writing about guns and she looked at me puzzled.
"How are you using it in a sentence?"
"You know, mom, like when am I gun a see you again"

That's another thing about Grace that I love is that she makes me laugh. She comes up with things and has done things that are only her.
Gracie needed to wash her hands so I set her on the kitchen counter to use the sink. I put a little Orange Ajax Dish Soap on her hands. She asked me if her hands were going to smell like oranges or dishes. How do you answer that? She keeps me on my toes :)

2 comments:

Leah said...

oranges or dishes!! OH, how sweet is she??

Someone should post up some pictures of the little flower girls. I'll bet a certain friend named Leah would LOVE to see them...

Gracie and Jared sound like they'd get along really well, off in their own little world...

anonymous said...

YAY!!!! you are back at blogging. Now I can get my Cattigan fix. I have a pic of the wood nymph and the first born. I don't think I can post them in the comment, but I will email them so you can post.