Monday, April 6, 2009

Birthday

Today is one of my favorite holidays, MY BIRTHDAY! It's all about me, baby!

I wanted to share a favorite memory from a birthday past.

Back story: Besides G.H, my favorite city is Portland, OR. The weekend of my 30th birthday, I planned a sleepover for a few of my girlfriends and I. Each girlfriend there was from a different part of my life. I was happy to have them all together in one spot. We were all working women with husbands, responsibilities, a few kids and plants.

I had thoughts of drinking, dancing, dinner, and laughing until all hours of the night. Things didn't turn out exactly like I had envisioned.

After drinks and dinner, we ended up back at the hotel room. Deciding we needed ice, all of us went for a walk. The picture is taken as we are heading back up to our room. I was laughing so hard I peed (the benefits of having some babies!) my pants because we were all SO SOBER (Really!) no one realized Alicia had put on two DIFFERENT pairs of shoes for the walk.



Shoes seemed to be the theme. Leann, in her jammies, got out of bed, put on her heels and headed into the bathroom. She said in no way were her feet touching the hotel carpet! More laughing!

We were all in bed by midnight watching Trading Spaces and took A LOT of alcohol home that was brought for the "wild" party!

It was a perfect sleepover and birthday!

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Happy Birthday, Chica! Don't get too crazy!

Leah said...

Happy Birthday (late at this point!). Sounds like you've had some great times celebrating. Can't tell you when I gathered friends to help me celebrate mine. When I turned 18? LOL I'm loving the image of Leann heading to the bathroom in jammies and heels. LOL!!!!!!!